Falci S.r.l.‘s forming and rolling process focuses on total quality, so as to provide all customers with top-quality rolled sections that perfectly match the design and are highly reliable, without any risk of ovalization or lower performance.
Falci S.r.l.‘s Quality Department is equipped with a quantometer for the chemical analysis of materials, a durometer to calculate hardness, machines for checking the mechanical properties to calculate the yield point, and a projector to perform a dimensional check of the shapes.
On request, we can conduct an impact value test, where the impact value measures resilience and tests the product’s performance in extreme environments.
Falci S.r.l. is ISO 9001 / 2008 certified.
- Receipt of raw material (steel in coils)
- Descaling (initial surface cleaning)
- Rolling (forming – passing through counter-rotating shaped cylinders: the second and third rolling stands make it possible to process more complex profiles)
- Customised cutting
- Deliveries in coils or bars (in this case, usually preceded by a second and final straightening stage)
TECHNICAL AND PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS
- Raw material: steel wire (rod wire)
- Lead-in diameters: ø10 mm min – ø36 mm max
- Steel grade for rolling: mild, carbon, alloyed, stainless steels
- Condition of raw materials: rolled, pickled and sand-blasted
- Measurements of rolled sections: between 0.30 and 4.50 kg/m with a max. width not exceeding 50 mm
- Weight of profiles per meter: between 0.15 and 4.50 kg/m
- General tolerances for hot rolled profiles: ±0,2 mm
- Ingoing speed: 4 – 12 m/minute max.
- Operating speed: 6 – 10 m/minute max.
- Bar length: minimum 3,000 ±50 mm, max 9000 mm ±100
- Measurements of coils: internal ø700 mm – external ø1200 mm
- Max. weight: 900 kg/each
- Average annual production capacity (2 day-time shifts x 8h/each x 5 dd/week): 4,000 tons/year
- Power requirement at max. speed/voltage: 1,000 kW installed